Pandemic Update Video, June 2020
"Pantry Food Items"
We're asking for pantry stable food donations.
Here is the list in priority order:
Shelf Stable Milk
Peanut butter & Jelly
Canned proteins - tuna, chicken, fish
Canned soups & vegetables
Non-perishable fruit cups
Pasta & Rice
For a complete list, please click here.
"If you need food..."
- Please contact one of our case workers at 908-354-5456 ext. 9 between the hours of 9 am - 4 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays.
- For text updates: Please text sjssc to 818818 to receive our text alert notifications.
- City of Elizabeth Transit and Food Provider Map: Click here.
Updated Food and Sandwich Program information
- We are distributing sandwiches Monday- Friday 9am-12pm and 1-3pm and on Saturdays 9:00am-1pm.
- If you would like to donate sandwiches, please make the sandwiches "in bulk" per the guidelines on our website: https://www.sjeliz.org/donate-food.html.
We are also asking for small bags of fruit that do not need to be refrigerated - apples, oranges, etc.
- Please bring sandwiches or bags of fruit to 118 Division St., Elizabeth, NJ between 9am and 12pm.
- We are distributing monthly food bags to registered clients during operating hours.
- If you need prescription assistance or have other food needs please leave a message at 908.354.5456 x9 and we will call you back.