"Pantry Food Items" 5/30/20
Instead of emergency food bags, we're now asking for pantry stable food donations.
Here is the list in priority order:
Shelf Stable Milk
Peanut butter & Jelly
Canned proteins - tuna, chicken, fish
Canned soups & vegetables
Non-perishable fruit cups
Pasta & Rice
"If you need food..." 6/10/20
Here is an update on our Emergency Food Bag distribution plans for next week - essentially the same as this week:
Community Update: Click here.
Espanol - Community Update: Click here.
City of Elizabeth Transit and Food Provider Map: Click here.
Updated Food and Sandwich Program information 3/23/20
- We are distributing sandwiches daily.
- If you would like to donate sandwiches, please make the sandwiches "in bulk" per the guidelines on our website: https://www.sjeliz.org/donate-food.html.
PLEASE individually wrap each sandwich and label each loaf of sandwiches so that we know whether or not they need to be refrigerated. If you would like to contribute a bagged lunch, please put the non-perishables (drink, fruit cup, snack) in a bag and we can add the sandwiches as needed.
PLEASE be sure to wear gloves and follow sanitary guidelines when making sandwiches.
We are also asking for small bags of fruit that do not need to be refrigerated - apples, oranges, etc.
- Please bring sandwiches or bags of fruit to 118 Division St., Elizabeth, NJ between 9am and 12pm.
- We are distributing monthly food bags to registered clients during operating hours.
- If you need prescription assistance or have other food needs please leave a message at 908.354.5456 x9 and we will call you back.